I’m finally back to posting our weekly meal plans! I took a bit of a break for the summer, especially while we were getting the new site set up but I’m glad to be back. I’m posting more updates on our facebook page so check us out there to see how it’s going. I’ll try and link up recipes when I have them and you can check out my Pinterest boards for more ideas and inspiration.
Breakfasts: I keep the pantry stocked with basic breakfast items and we pick what we want each day. We usually have homemade yogurt, cereal / granola, and this week there is banana bread.
Lunches: I typically pack our lunches the night before. Most of the time it is leftovers from dinners but some of our other favorites include, english muffin pizzas, quesadillas, crackers and hummus, and sandwiches. For toddler lunch ideas, check this out.
Dinners: I plan these out one for each night. Typically we’ll have a “breakfast for dinner” night once a week and at least one “meatless meal”. I try to stick to traditional real food (no food dyes, artificial coloring, flavoring, or sweeteners) I also try to make as much from scratch as possible, it is cheaper that way and I can control the type and source of my ingredients.
Note: Tilly eats the same things we do because 1. I don’t want to make extra work for myself and 2. I want her to be exposed to lots of different flavors and textures. I don’t make extra meals but I do make sure that there is at least one thing in each meal that I know she likes.
Week of 09/07/15
- Monday: Homemade pizza and salad *I’m making two pizzas (buffalo chicken and plain cheese) so that we’ll have extras for lunches through out the week
- Thursday: Minestrone soup and grilled cheese on wheat bread
- Friday: Puppy party with friends! *we’ll grab sandwiches and picnic it while the dogs play
- Saturday: Leftover soup with cheddar biscuits
- Sunday: Hard boiled eggs, popcorn and a big salad
What are you serving up this week?