It’s Sunday and already feel behind on the week. I definitely need to rework both our morning and our evening routines but I’m not looking forward to it…no amount of reworking is going to make a couple extra hour appear. Thankfully, Tilly’s new Positive Behavior Chart has been working really well, we’re already seeing big improvements on her listening and helping skills. This week I’ll be posting any changes I make to our routine on our facebook page so check us out there to see how it’s going. I’ll try and link up recipes when I have them and you can check out my Pinterest boards for more ideas and inspiration.
Breakfasts: I keep the pantry stocked with basic breakfast items and we pick what we want each day. We usually have homemade yogurt, cereal / granola, and this week there are english muffins.
Lunches: I typically pack our lunches the night before. Most of the time it is leftovers from dinners but some of our other favorites include, english muffin pizzas, quesadillas, crackers and hummus, and sandwiches. For toddler lunch ideas, check this out.
Dinners: I plan these out one for each night. Typically we’ll have a “breakfast for dinner” night once a week and at least one “meatless meal”. I try to stick to traditional real food (no food dyes, artificial coloring, flavoring, or sweeteners) I also try to make as much from scratch as possible, it is cheaper that way and I can control the type and source of my ingredients.
Note: Tilly eats the same things we do because 1. I don’t want to make extra work for myself and 2. I want her to be exposed to lots of different flavors and textures. I don’t make extra meals but I do make sure that there is at least one thing in each meal that I know she likes.
Week of 09/21/15
- Monday: Whole wheat waffles, bacon, and fruit salad
- Tuesday: Crock pot honey garlic meatballs over rice and stir-fried veggies
- Wednesday: Tomato soup and cheesy biscuits with salad
- Thursday: Baked pork chops with apples and onions
- Friday: Puppy party with friends! *we’ll grab sandwiches and picnic it while the dogs play
- Saturday: Pumpkin oatmeal with almonds, chia seeds, and flax seeds
- Sunday: Hard boiled eggs, popcorn and a big salad *This is becoming a theme and I like it!
What are you serving up this week?