Breakfasts: I keep the pantry stocked with basic breakfast items and we pick what we want each day. We usually have homemade yogurt, cereal / granola, last week I made a double batch of pancakes (1 gluten free and 1 sourdough) so we have those for this week too. *I have been pinning a lot of easy and healthy breakfast ideas to my “Breakfast and Lunch” Pinterest board, check it out for new ideas.
Meal plan for the week of 8/28/17
- Monday: Polenta lasagna and salad. I’m using set polenta in place of noodles for this to make it gluten free and also because, why not? I’m prepping it all on Sunday so all I’ll have to do is pop it in the oven.
- Tuesday: Chicken pasta salad and tortilla chips with salsa. Still not sure how i’m going to do the salad just yet but i’m thinking lots of veggies, lots of chicken, and a simple ranch dressing.
- Wednesday: Grilled cheese, kale chips, and apple slices. I’m still getting the hang of gluten free baking so I will likely have a cheese quesadilla with a corn tortilla instead.
- Thursday: Breakfast casserole (egg, potato, veggies, and cheese) and melon
- Friday: Make your own pizza (left over meat sauce from the lasagna) and peas
- Saturday: Cookout with family for grandpas birthday, we’re bringing corn on the cob from a local farm.
- Sunday: Sunday is our weekly prep night so we usually have leftovers or hardboiled eggs with a big salad.