We kicked off October with a big bang! Not only are we co-hosting the #MonthofMischief challenge with my awesome friend Janelle from Perpetual Mischief but I’m also posting weekly for the Real Diaper Associations “School of Cloth” event…busy doesn’t even come close to describing it right now. Stay up-to-date with everything going on by visiting our facebook page. I’ll try and link up recipes when I have them and you can check out my Pinterest boards for more ideas and inspiration.
Breakfasts: I keep the pantry stocked with basic breakfast items and we pick what we want each day. We usually have homemade yogurt, cereal / granola, and this week there is apple cinnamon baked oatmeal.
Lunches: I typically pack our lunches the night before. Most of the time it is leftovers from dinners but some of our other favorites include, english muffin pizzas, quesadillas, crackers and hummus, and sandwiches. For toddler lunch ideas, check this out.
Dinners: I plan these out one for each night. Typically we’ll have a “breakfast for dinner” night once a week and at least one “meatless meal”. I try to stick to traditional real food (no food dyes, artificial coloring, flavoring, or sweeteners) I also try to make as much from scratch as possible, it is cheaper that way and I can control the type and source of my ingredients.
Note: Tilly eats the same things we do because 1. I don’t want to make extra work for myself and 2. I want her to be exposed to lots of different flavors and textures. I don’t make extra meals but I do make sure that there is at least one thing in each meal that I know she likes.
Week of 10/05/15
- Monday: Baked Potato Soup in the crock pot with whole wheat dinner rolls
- Tuesday: Grilled Chicken sandwiches and corn on the cob
- Wednesday: Salmon cakes with veggie cous-cous (never got to this last week)
- Thursday: Steak with roasted root veggies
- Friday: Puppy party with friends! *we’ll grab sandwiches and picnic it while the dogs play
- Saturday: Whole wheat spaghetti with veggie filled sauce
- Sunday: Hard boiled eggs, popcorn and a big salad *Our new Sunday meal so we have plenty of time to prep for the week ahead
What are you serving up this week?