Breakfasts: I keep the pantry stocked with basic breakfast items and we pick what we want each day. We usually have homemade yogurt, cereal / granola and I made some muffin tin omelets for the week as well. *I have been pinning a lot of easy and healthy breakfast ideas to my “Breakfast and Lunch” Pinterest board, check it out for new ideas.
Lunches: I have a whole post with our strategies for packing healthy lunches plus it includes some of our favorite lunch ideas. You can check it out HERE.
Dinners: I plan these out one for each night. Typically we’ll have a “breakfast for dinner” night once a week, at least one meatless meal and one grain free meal. I try to stick to traditional real food (no food dyes, artificial coloring, flavoring, or sweeteners) I also try to make as much from scratch as possible, it is cheaper that way and I can control the type and source of my ingredients.
Meal plan for the week of 10/23/17
- Monday: Twice baked potatoes and mixed veggies
- Tuesday: Teriyaki meatballs over rice
- Wednesday: cheesy noodles with peas
- Thursday: Salmon patties roasted acorn squash
- Friday: One pot enchilada pasta
- Sunday: Sunday is our weekly prep night so we usually have leftovers or hardboiled eggs with a big salad.