Are you still playing along with our #MonthofMischief challenge? Today is “Prepare for the Week” day and I a prepped by picking up a few things at the grocery store, getting the last of our laundry done, and of course by meal planning. Keep track of all of our mischief by visiting our facebook page. We’ve been having a blast so far!
Breakfasts: I keep the pantry stocked with basic breakfast items and we pick what we want each day. We usually have homemade yogurt, cereal / granola, and this week there are apple /date granola bars.
Lunches: I typically pack our lunches the night before. Most of the time it is leftovers from dinners but some of our other favorites include, english muffin pizzas, quesadillas, crackers and hummus, and sandwiches. For toddler lunch ideas, check this out.
Dinners: I plan these out one for each night. Typically we’ll have a “breakfast for dinner” night once a week and at least one “meatless meal”. I try to stick to traditional real food (no food dyes, artificial coloring, flavoring, or sweeteners) I also try to make as much from scratch as possible, it is cheaper that way and I can control the type and source of my ingredients.
Note: Tilly eats the same things we do because 1. I don’t want to make extra work for myself and 2. I want her to be exposed to lots of different flavors and textures. I don’t make extra meals but I do make sure that there is at least one thing in each meal that I know she likes.
- Monday: Sausage and pepper sandwiches (in the crock pot) and salad
- Tuesday: Bean and cheese quesadillas and roasted butternut squash
- Wednesday: Greek marinated chicken and corn on the cob
- Thursday: Whole wheat pancakes, bacon and apple sauce
- Friday: Puppy party with friends! *we’ll grab sandwiches and picnic it while the dogs play
- Saturday: Green macaroni and cheese (Kale and peas mixed in with our homemade white cheddar sauce)
- Sunday: Hard boiled eggs, popcorn and a big salad *Our new Sunday meal so we have plenty of time to prep for the week ahead
What are you serving up this week?